The Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005) has been enacted by the Parliament and has come into force from 15 June, 2005. This Act provides for right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority. According to UGC guidelines all Universities and Colleges established by law made by Parliament or by State Legislature or by notification by the appropriate Government or owned, controlled or substantially financed directly or indirectly by funds provided by the Government shall come within the meaning of a Public Authority under this Act.
The full text of the Act and frequently asked questions for implementation of the act are available on the website www.righttoinformation.gov.in
RTI Committee Member:-
- Appellate Officer
- Dr. Sushama J. Bhosale, Principal
- Public Information Officer
- Shri. Ashok Kondhawale, Office Superitendent
- Assistant Public Information Officer
- Shri. M. G. Jagtap, Office Superintendent
- Appellate Officer
- Application in writing can be submitted directly to the concerned Public Information Officer (PIO) in English or Marathi language
- Pay the prescribed fee of Rs. 10/-. No fees for Below Poverty Line applicant. The citizen will be issued a receipt on submission of the application containing application no., date, and details of the concerned CPIOs.
- Within 30 days you will get the information. If information is given by third party then invite objections if any it will take 10 more days extra.
- Further information will be provided free of charge where the response time is not adhered to.
Documents to use:-
- Apply in plain paper (No form or document is prescribed) in English or local language to the Public Information Officer of the College. Applicants can therefore use sample format shown below.
Sample Format for RTI Application:-
RTI form in Marathi:-
- Information requested by the citizen is to be provided within 30 days, 35 days where request is given to Asst. PIO, 40 days where third party is involved and 45 days for human rights violation information from listed security/ intelligence agencies.
- Time taken for calculation and intimation of fees excluded from the time frame.